Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sándor

I (Nick) have a part time job teaching English at a language school in Eger to get a little extra cash to make ends meet.
The job is a big blessing, because I also get to meet a lot of people through it, including a lot of businessmen and influencial people in the city who come there to learn English, and I often get the chance to share with them about the church and about the real reason I'm in Hungary. For a while, every Thursday I would go to the county courthouse and teach the head judge for Heves county, and I got to talk to her about the Lord quite a few times.
The other day I was teaching in the school, and a group was there who had come from another town (Nyírbátor) to do an intensive course. During a break I got to talking to one of the guys from the group, named Sándor. He asked how long I'd been teaching English, and I told him I only do this part time, because I'm the pastor of a church, and thats the real reason I'm here.
He was really interested when he found out I was a pastor, and told me that he was a believer too and asked if we had a midweek service, because he wanted to come.
But he also told me about a problem he has - he is married, and his wife is against him being an active Christian and doesn't allow him to go to church, and the whole issue of him being a Christian has caused a lot of problems in his family.
But since his wife wasn't in town, he came to our church on Wednesday night - even invited some other people to come with him - and we had a nice time fellowshipping with him and prayed for him and his wife.
Unfortunately, Sándor's story is not a very uncommon thing that we encounter here. Please pray for Sándor and others like him whom we've met, and who have been in our church or gotten saved through our outreaches, but whose families are opposed to them walking with the Lord and taking an active part in the Body of Christ.

No comments: